RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Michael Vick is going back to the NFL Pro Bowl, this time as one of four NFL Legends Pro Bowl Captains.
A Change.org petition is calling on the NFL to revoke the honor. Over 550,000 people have signed the petition.
Despite the petition, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says Vick “paid a heavy price” and doesn’t anticipate any changes.
The petition cites the cruel and inhumane killing of dogs that led to Vick’s conviction.
“Over the last, what is it, nine years or so, we have supported Michael in his, what I think his recognition of the mistake he made,” said Goodell. “He’s paid a heavy price for that. He’s been accountable for it. He’s worked aggressively with the humane society and other institutions to deal with animal rights and to make sure people don’t make the same mistake he made, and I admire that.”
Other petitions have also surfaced online since the initial one.
- The Final Score: Overtime – We’re going fast!
- Border hospitals running out of room with ‘tsunami’ of new COVID-19 patients
- UPDATE: Crash report shows driver was intoxicated during crash that killed Rankin ISD students
- Biden, Trump in dead heat for Texas, poll shows — is the Lone Star State make or break?
- More details released about Texas woman who died of COVID-19 while on Spirit flight