(Yourbasin) – In regards to COVID-19 and limiting the spread of the virus, the UIL has implemented some new guidelines for summer workouts and strength and condition program. A few new regulations are listed below:
- Attendance at workouts must be optional. Schools are encouraged to give students the option and resources to perform workouts at home, as well. Attendance records will still be kept, but students are not required to make up missed days.
- No access to showers or locker rooms. Athletes must come to workouts in selected gear.
- One staff member per 20 students to supervise and institute social distancing.
- Schools must have hand sanitizer or hand-washing stations readily available.
- All workout surfaces must be thoroughly disinfected at the end of each workout.
- No shared towels, clothing, water or food.
- Schools should consider pre-screening athletes before summer workouts begin for COVID-19.
For a full list of some of the new regulations, visit the UIL website.