AUSTIN – State Sen. José Rodríguez will participate in tomorrow’s joint hearing of the Senate Committees on Natural Resources & Economic Development, and Water & Rural Affairs. Sen. Rodríguez serves on both committees. The joint committee hearing will cover the following interim charges:
· Future Water Supply: Examine current laws, processes, and water storage options and availability. Make recommendations promoting the state’s water supply, storage, availability, valuation, movement, and development of new sources.
· Groundwater Regulatory Framework: Study the state’s groundwater regulatory framework and make recommendations to improve groundwater regulation, management, and permitting.
· What: Joint hearing of the Senate Committees on Natural Resources & Economic Development, and Water & Rural Affairs
· When: 10 a.m., Wednesday, January 22, 2020
· Where: Texas Senate Chamber, Room 2E.8