WEST TEXAS (KMID/KPEJ)- Ever go looking for fruits in a store and not know if you are picking the fruit that tastes the best?
We have compiled a list of fruits that are in season in June and what to look for when shopping for these fruits in the store.
- Apples: Look for firm, unblemished, or unbruised fruit.
- Blackberries: Look for plump, firm, shiny berries.
- Blueberries: Look for firm, dry, plump, blueberries.
- Raspberries: Look for vibrantly colored, firm, raspberries with plump drupelets.
- Cantaloupe: Look for a cantaloupe with no nicks in the rind or mold on the blossom end.
- Melons: Look for a melon which is free of nicks or cuts in the rind or mold on the blossom end.
- Nectarines: Look for a fruit with a strong perfume and is free of blemishes and bruises.
- Peaches: Avoid fruits with any blemishes, bruises, or wrinkly skin.
- Pears: Fruits should be fragrant and soft when ripe.
- Watermelon: Look for darker green melons that feel heavy and sound hollow when tapped.
More information about fruits and vegetables in season can be found on the Seasonal Food Guide website.