MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – U.S. Sen. John Cornyn is in the Permian Basin today and will host a round table discussion on mental health with local experts.
Specifically, officials will discuss hiring mental health providers as well as local programs and tools that are available to address the growing need.
The roundtable discussion is in direct relation to the mass shootings that occurred earlier this year, according to a release from the Senator’s office.
Experts participating in the discussion include:
- U.S. Senator John Cornyn (R-TX)
- Kelino McWhinney, Director of the Texas Tech Mental Health Institute
- Marcy Madrid, VP of Community Health for Midland Memorial Hospital
- John Trischitti, Executive Director of the Midland Development Corporation
- Dr. Bobby Jain, Chair of the TTUHSC Department of Psychiatry
- Laura Mathew, Director of Health Services for ECISD