According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Pres. Trump, Biden hold campaign events in battleground states
- State of Texas: Investigating the risk of voter fraud in Texas
- Two new COVID-19 deaths reported in Midland County
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win