One New Mexico woman is facing several charges after New Mexico State Police say she led officers on a pursuit in a stolen US Postal Service truck.
The investigation began around 8 a.m. Wednesday morning when NMSP officers were notified about the stolen US Postal Service truck.
Officers later located the truck on Interstate 25 near Raton, New Mexico and a pursuit was initiated, according to a release.
Police reportedly used stop sticks to end the pursuit.
The driver, Chanel Eskleson, was then taken into custody and charged with:
- Unlawful taking of a motor vehicle
- Burglary of a vehicle
- Aggravated Battery of a Peace Officer, two counts
- Aggravated Assault upon a peace officer
- Aggravated Fleeing Law Enforcement
- Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon
- Criminal Damage to Property (Over $1000), four counts
- Driving While license suspended