ODESSA, Texas (Nexstar) – More doses of the Coronavirus vaccine are headed to West Texas this week, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Midland Memorial Hospital is scheduled to receive 5,850 doses and Medical Center Hospital will receive 2,340. Both hospitals are expected to receive the Pfizer vaccine, the release reads.
The count is significantly lower for MCH this week and roughly half of what the hospital had received last week. Meanwhile, ORMC is not scheduled to receive any vaccine, according to the allocation list from the DSHS.
The Pecos Valley Rural Health Clinic is also slated to receive 1,170 doses of the Pfizer vaccine this week.
DSHS says more than 6.3 million doses have been administered statewide with 4 million having received at least one dose and 2.2 million are fully vaccinated.
Here’s a list of other healthcare facilities that will receive the vaccine this week:
- Andrews Health Department: 400 (Moderna)
- DSHS Pharmacy, Alpine: 100 (Moderna)
- Family Health Services of Alpine: 200 (Moderna)
- Howard County Community Health Center: 100 (Moderna)
- Midland Community Healthcare Services: 100 (Moderna)
- Pecos County Memorial Hospital: 200 (Moderna)
- Winkler County Rural Health Clinic: 200 (Moderna)