MIDLAND, Texas (Nexstar) – The Citizens’ Renaming Committee has voted on its top five recommendations for renaming Robert E. Lee Senior High School.
The committee met Thursday evening at the Lee High Library. The five new names will be narrowed to three in their next meeting and then bring the names to the MISD Board of Trustees to decide on the name.
The top five recommendations were:
- Midland Carver Lee High School (15 votes).
- Tall City High School (12 votes).
- Basin High School (11 votes).
- Lee High School (11 votes).
- Legacy of Equality and Excellence High School (10 votes).
The committee is composed of 23 individuals, including two representatives from each School Board district, two students, a principal, two teachers, and two at-large members. The committee is chaired by Blake Feldt, Executive Director of Athletics, and Shannon Low, a current Lee parent. More information about the Committee is available at midlandisd.net/rename.