ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Odessa Police have arrested one man in connection with a fatal shooting that took place Friday night.
Police officials say Chaviya Crosby has been charged with murder.
The investigation began just after 7 p.m. Friday night when officers responded to a medical call at an apartment complex on University Boulevard.
When officers arrived, they found 17-year-old Jasmine Lozano dead with a gunshot wound, according to the release.
While investigating, officers say Crosby and Lozano had gotten into an argument before the shooting.
Crosby is accused of leaving the apartment before officers arrived and disposing of the firearm.
- Watch Live: Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs testify on social media protections amid censorship claims
- Midland County extending hours at voting locations
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Ohio woman creates Baby Yoda from 451-pound pumpkin
- Good Samaritan saves kitten frozen to truck tire in Colorado