ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Today, U.S. Senator John Cornyn will visit schools in Odessa to discuss the CARES Act.
Sen. Cornyn plans to visit with administrators, teachers, and students on their reopening plans and how the district has utilized funding from the CARES Act in the process.
The Senator even plans to sit in on a geology class with some high school freshmen.
The CARES Act provided more than $8 million to public schools in Midland and Odessa as they navigated the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Suspect sought in aggravated kidnapping
- BASKETBALL HIGHLIGHTS: No. 17 Midland College pulls away in second half
- BASKETBALL HIGHLIGHTS: Midland College falls to 1-7 with loss to Western Texas
- Les Miles, Kansas agree to ‘mutual’ split after LSU report on sexual complaints
- UT to release report Tuesday on history of ‘Eyes of Texas’ spirit song