AUSTIN, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Two employees with the Texas Department of Public Safety have tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a release from the DPS late Thursday night, the DPS is working in conjunction with other state agencies to notify the public.
“Public safety is our number one concern, and the department will work in conjunction with public health authorities to provide any additional information necessary to notify the public of these positive cases,” a statement in the release reads.
One employee worked in recruiting in Belton and the other worked in a driver’s license office in Carrolton, according to the data from DPS.
- Police make arrest in murder investigation
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- First COVID-19 related death reported in El Paso
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- As first stimulus check looms, lawmakers working towards next round of relief