MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Around 3:40 p.m. Midland Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 4300 block of West Dengar Drive.
The fire was quickly put out after causing heavy damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the remaining of the home.
An adult and two children were transported to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. They were later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The investigation revealed that the fire started from the kitchen stovetop. The cause was unattended cooking.