ANDREWS COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Andrews County residents will soon be under a “shelter in place” order after six cases were confirmed over the weekend.
Officials announced the new cases and the shelter in place Saturday afternoon.
The shelter in place will go into effect starting at 11:59 p.m. Saturday and will continue through April 22.
Essential businesses will be excluded from the shelter in place but are encouraged to maintain the proper social distancing, officials detail.
Prior to the announcement Saturday, Andrews had just one confirmed case.
- Looking Forward to the Weekend – 5-26-2020
- COVID-19 cases rise in the Permian Basin as state re-opens
- Twitter adds fact-check warnings to Trump tweets
- White woman fired after backlash from racist Central Park confrontation
- State representatives request COVID-19 testing for group homes in Texas