ANDREWS COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Andrews County residents will soon be under a “shelter in place” order after six cases were confirmed over the weekend.
Officials announced the new cases and the shelter in place Saturday afternoon.
The shelter in place will go into effect starting at 11:59 p.m. Saturday and will continue through April 22.
Essential businesses will be excluded from the shelter in place but are encouraged to maintain the proper social distancing, officials detail.
Prior to the announcement Saturday, Andrews had just one confirmed case.
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs
- POSITIVE UPDATE: Odessa man out of coma amid COVID-19 fight
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- ‘Basic accountability’: Biden advocates for reform after Chauvin verdict
- California driver accidentally drives into Mexico, says avoiding port of entry can be ‘confusing’