BOSTON (Big 2/Fox 24) – Multiple reports indicate a former Odessa High School graduate will join a growing list Patriots who will opt out of the 2020 NFL season amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Boston Herald reported Monday that Cannon, a Super Bowl Champion and projected starter, would be informing the team of his decision this week.
Cannon, who was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma back in 2011, could still be considered ‘high risk’ of contracting the virus.
The offensive lineman went into remission several years ago and went on to win multiple Super Bowls with the New England Patriots.
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs
- POSITIVE UPDATE: Odessa man out of coma amid COVID-19 fight
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- ‘Basic accountability’: Biden advocates for reform after Chauvin verdict
- California driver accidentally drives into Mexico, says avoiding port of entry can be ‘confusing’