BOSTON (Big 2/Fox 24) – Multiple reports indicate a former Odessa High School graduate will join a growing list Patriots who will opt out of the 2020 NFL season amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Boston Herald reported Monday that Cannon, a Super Bowl Champion and projected starter, would be informing the team of his decision this week.
Cannon, who was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma back in 2011, could still be considered ‘high risk’ of contracting the virus.
The offensive lineman went into remission several years ago and went on to win multiple Super Bowls with the New England Patriots.
- Structure fire in the 200 block of Big Spring St in Midland
- Investigation into Aurora Police Officers underway after Black family wrongly detained
- One new COVID-19 related death in Midland County
- Fatal accident at 42nd and JBS; Avoid the area
- Who will Biden pick? Democratic lawmakers weigh in on possible VP picks