ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – A project to build an overpass in Odessa will begin this month.
Officials with the Texas Department of Transportation say the project calls for an overpass on Loop 338 that will go over Highway 385.
Officials say the project was made at the request of the City of Odessa and the Permian basin Metropolitan Planning Organization with the goal of improving traffic flow in the area.
The project area will take place along North Loop 338 and will stretch about a mile on either side of Highway 385.
TxDOT officials say at the project is completed, traffic will shift and various lanes will be closed at different times. Additionally, ramps will be impacted by the work and a 10-foot width restriction will be put in place during the project. Drivers are asked to obey warning signs and avoid the area if possible.
The project is expected to take about 18 months to complete.
- UT Permian Basin canceling spring break
- Cold Front for the Weekend – 10-21-2020
- Odessa High refines scouting report on Midland High ahead of rivalry game
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Texas’ top doctors discuss lessons learned from 1st COVID-19 wave and how it could help possible 2nd surge