ODESSA, TEXAS – Medical Center Health System is reporting its seventeenth COVID19 related death. The patient, a 90-year-old male, died this afternoon, July 12.
The patient was from Odessa and was admitted from home to Medical Center Hospital
on July 7. The patient had pre-existing conditions. The family has been notified. MCH currently has 47 COVID-19 positive patients in-house.
The Critical Care Unit has 11 patients with six on ventilators. The Critical Care overflow in the Wheatley Stewart Medical Pavilion has five patients with all five on ventilators. The remaining 31 patients are on our COVID isolation floors, 7 Central and 8 Central.
- Dems hope to turn Texas blue in November, GOP says it will stay red
- 101 Tijuana churches to reopen Aug. 15 with COVID-19 safety measures in place, bishop says
- South Texas COVID-19 numbers continue to rise despite curfews, shelter-in-place orders
- Texas health department asks for public input on program funding ahead of next state budget
- School plan for Compass Academy Charter School has a parent concerned