ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Officials with Odessa Regional Medical Center, Medical Center Hospital, and the Ector County Health Department are set to discuss new COVID-19 data today.
Hospital officials for both MCH and Odessa Regional Medical Center noted some increase in their COVID Units last week as the numbers trend up for hospitalizations.
As of Friday, about 56 were hospitalized with 27 patients in the ICU and 16 on ventilators.
Several virus-related deaths were also reported last week. At least 10 deaths were reported at Medical Center Hospital including a hospital employee, sending the overall number closer to 30.
Here is a look at the numbers as of Friday:
Total cases: 2,305
- One injured, two charged in Andrews County shooting
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Did the Facebook app force log you out, too?
- Message in a bottle discovered decades after it floated away