ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – It’s hard to believe it has nearly been a year since the mass shooting that rocked the Midland-Odessa area.
Several were injured and seven were killed in the mass shooting. The victims include:
- Joe Griffith
- Leila Hernandez
- Mary Granados
- Edwin Peregrino
- Rodolfo “Rudy” Arco
- Kameron Brown
- Raul Garcia
However, the Odessa Arts Council, the Odessa Chamber of Commerce, and the City of Odessa are working to ensure they are not forgotten.
A series of events are taking place in Odessa and more are planned as the date draws closer.
The various organizations have asked the community to share their stories, photos, and art on social media, testimonial videos are being shared by first responders, victims and community members and 1000 yellow flags will be placed at Memorial Gardens Park to honor the victims.
But they want the community to join them in honoring those who lost their lives.
Residents and businesses are encouraged to place yellow ribbons on their doors, observe 32 seconds of silence and attend a drive-in remembrance service on Aug. 31 at Connection Christian Church.
Big 2 / Fox 24 will also honor the victims on August 31. Be sure to tune in at 5, 6 and 9 p.m. for special coverage.
- UT Permian Basin canceling spring break
- Cold Front for the Weekend – 10-21-2020
- Odessa High refines scouting report on Midland High ahead of rivalry game
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Texas’ top doctors discuss lessons learned from 1st COVID-19 wave and how it could help possible 2nd surge