MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Members of the Midland ISD school board will meet tonight to appoint citizens to the Midland Lee High School name changing committee.
Trustees voted to change the name of Lee High School at the end of July.
Tonight, during the special meeting, Board members will appoint MISD employees, community members and Lee students to the committee.
Those representatives will then be tasked with presenting one to three possible names to MISD Superintendent Orlando Riddick and Trustees.
MISD is expected to decide a new name by mid-October.
- Be Our Change – Midland Piano store helps local student
- 13 people at ECISD test positive for COVID-19 over the weekend
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Alpine cancels next two football games after students were potentially exposed to COVID-19
- MOJO MONDAY: Permian kicks off its season Thursday