MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) –The Midland ISD Board of Trustees met Thursday night to appoint members to the Lee High School renaming committee.
The board voted in July to rename the school and later outlined the process to find a new name.
One of the first steps in finding a new name is to appoint a committee. That step was completed on Thursday night.
Heading up the committee for MISD will be Blake Feldt and for the Community, Shannon Low. Principal Jennifer Seybert, along with teachers Beau Garza and Ellen Boyd will also be on the committee.
14 community members were also appointed by the MISD board. Those committee members include:
- Shirley Howard
- John Norman
- Alfred Sanchez III
- Stacy Martinez
- Frank Maldonado
- Ashley Boren
- Rachel Stone
- Steve Subia
- Todd Brown
- Valeria Tinker
- Noble Kendrick
- Monica Stroman Tucker
- Roderick Strambler
- Sarah Hale
- Josh Sperry
- Maridell Fryar
MISD officials say the committee will generate one to three names for the school and discuss those possibilities with Superintendent Orlando Riddick.
Riddick will then present the names to the Board for consideration. MISD says they expect to have a new name by mid-October.
- Two dead in fatal crash near Toyah
- Remember ‘Me at the Zoo’? The first YouTube video posted 16 years ago
- ‘I just want to know why’: Long Island woman speaks out after horrific acid attack
- MHS Theatre heads to state competition
- Newsfeed Now: Daunte Wright laid to rest; Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan