MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Midland Health will provide another update this morning, amid their battle with Coronavirus.
Currently, there are 41 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Midland County.
Health officials have announced recently, that patients and staff at local nursing homes have also tested positive for the illness.
Meanwhile, Governor Greg Abbott is expected to announce plans to reopen the state economy today. Similarly, President Trump put together a bipartisan task force to begin the processes on a national level.
Dr. Larry Wilson, County Judge Terry Johnson, and Mayor Patrick Payton all discussed the reopening of the economy on Thursday.
Each urged caution from the community and encouraged the continued practice of social distancing, hand hygiene and more.
Johnson and Payton additionally said reopening the economy would be a slow process.
The briefing will begin at 9 a.m.
- Calamity Jane(CJ) is the ‘Pet of the Week’ at the Midland Humane Coalition
- PLAY OF THE WEEK: Pecos’ Velasquez kickoff return
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Borden County shuts out Water Valley
- BAND OF THE WEEK: Andrews’ Mighty Mustang Band
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Canyon runs past Greenwood