MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Officials with Midland Health are set to provide another Coronavirus update Tuesday.
The update will come as 68 news cases were confirmed on Monday. Officials with Midland Health also said over the past two weeks the trends are going up slightly.
“We have seen volumes in testing increase in the last couple of weeks. We have done about 600 each week,” MH CEO Russell Meyers said. “The volume or the percentage of positive tests of those 600 have ticked up a little bit….”
He also noted a ‘significant spike’ in COVID-19 patients in the hospital. However, some of those patients were sent to Midland Memorial Hospital due to a diversion in Lubbock area hospitals.
Meyers says they have their eye on the increase.
Here are the numbers from Midland County as of Monday evening:
- Total cases: 4,244
- Recovered: 2,509
- Deaths: 86
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden in dead heat in Georgia, NewsNation/Emerson poll shows
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- DOJ accuses 6 Russian intelligence officers of vast computer hacking
- Texas DSHS unveils COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education