MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Midland Health will discuss their ongoing Coronavirus response Thursday morning.
Weeks after a spike in case numbers and hospitalizations, the outbreak has improved significantly in Midland County, promoting the hospital to adjust visitation and Mayor Patrick Payton to declare the city ‘open for business.”
The message from Payton came after Gov. Abbott announced the expansion of capacity at various businesses to 75 percent. The Governor also said visitation at nursing homes without active outbreaks would be allowed.
However, bars will remain closed.
As of Thursday, Midland County was reporting 3,636 cases with 82 virus-related deaths.
- Texas man creates child sex doll, sent to federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Fauci: Life as we knew it won’t return until ‘many, many months’ into 2021
- Woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first
- Expecting a Mild Weekend? 10-29-2020
- Halloween forecast: Will we be able to see the rare ‘blue moon?’