MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – The City of Midland is taking another step to stop Coronavirus.
City officials announced Thursday morning they would be temporarily close all playground areas, by recommendation from the National Recreation and Park Association.
While playground equipment and exercise equipment will be closed off, city officials say the parks will remain open.
The City has since about 16 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and at least one death related to the virus.
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Midland Christian secures Homecoming victory
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Fort Stockton edges Andrews for district championship
- BAND OF THE WEEK: The Mighty MOJO Band
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Buffs add another district win to the record
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Sweetwater wins district championship with win over Monahans