MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – After about a month, the City of Midland has announced they will reopen City Hall.
Officials closed the doors to various public buildings back in July due to the significant rise in Coronavirus cases. Many services were still available over the phone during the closure.
However, as daily case numbers dropped and hospitalizations along with them, the city has opted to reopen City Hall.
The reopening will take place Sept. 8.
Safety protocols will be in place when the facility reopens. Safety measures include:
- Face masks must be worn in City Hall
- Promote social distancing by staying 6 feet apart
- Covering cough and sneeze
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Washing hands with soap and water frequently
- Utilizing video and conference calling for meeting when practical