MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Following Gov. Greg Abbott’s announcement on the Phase II reopening in Texas, the City of Midland has outlined their reopening of various parks and city facilities.
Gov. Abbott noted Monday that gyms would be opening the same day and youth sports could continue at the end of the month.
Here is the reopening scheduled from the City of Midland:
- MLK Community Center Gym
- Green Spaces at all parks
- I-20 Wildlife Preserve
- Security Bank Ballpark Splash Pad (1 p.m. to 7 p.m., closed Wednesdays for maintenance)
- Rentals at 25% capacity (Beal Ranch House, Park Pavillions, MLK Activity Room and Auditorium.)
- Athletic fields for practice only (only one parent or guardian will be allowed per youth athlete)
Opening June 15
- Athletic fields for games (social distancing will be required.)
City officials say they also hope to open pools in early June as the Parks and Recreation Department works to hire and train staff.