MIDLAND COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Midland County Sheriff David Criner provided an update on the Coronavirus cases at the Midland County Jail Monday.
Sheriff Criner says currently 80 inmates and eight detention officers have tested positive for the virus.
Employees, according to Criner will not be allowed to return to work until they have been in quarantine for 14 days and no longer test positive for the virus.
Prior to entering the facility, Sheriff Criner says all employees are screened and are required to wear PPE equipment at all times.
Meanwhile, the MCSO has also set up a hotline for families with inmates at the Midland County Jail to keep up with their health status. The hotline number is 432-688-4798.
- Pres. Trump, Biden hold campaign events in battleground states
- State of Texas: Investigating the risk of voter fraud in Texas
- Two new COVID-19 deaths reported in Midland County
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win