ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Medical Center Hospital has announced they are preparing to expand their COVID unit due to an influx of patients.
MCH CEO Russell Tippin announced during a press conference Wednesday the hospital currently has 34 Coronavirus patients in house.
The CEO says they are currently preparing to convert their eighth floor to a COVID unit to prepare for additional patients. However, MCH, which has been taking patients from other counties, says they will also be diverting patients.
“We have to protect our resources, we have to protect our staff and most importantly we have to protect our patients,” Tippin said Wednesday afternoon.
Additionally, MCH officials say they have put a hold on any elective procedures that require an overnight stay. They plan to reassess elective surgeries next week.
- Coronavirus deaths are rising again in the US, as feared
- One week away: Take our ‘how well do you know the candidates?’ quiz
- Amazon to hire 100,000 for new seasonal jobs
- Family of man who died in custody files wrongful death lawsuit against Texas county
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state