ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Medical Center Hospital has announced they are preparing to expand their COVID unit due to an influx of patients.
MCH CEO Russell Tippin announced during a press conference Wednesday the hospital currently has 34 Coronavirus patients in house.
The CEO says they are currently preparing to convert their eighth floor to a COVID unit to prepare for additional patients. However, MCH, which has been taking patients from other counties, says they will also be diverting patients.
“We have to protect our resources, we have to protect our staff and most importantly we have to protect our patients,” Tippin said Wednesday afternoon.
Additionally, MCH officials say they have put a hold on any elective procedures that require an overnight stay. They plan to reassess elective surgeries next week.
- Rain Chances This Weekend? 8-6-2020
- ECISD Post-Secondary Education Coordinator hopes to lower dropout rate
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases
- Congress confronts challenges of reopening schools
- MCH continues elective surgeries