ODESSA, TEXAS – Medical Center Hospital has reported a COVID-19 related death of an employee. The patient, a 49-year-old female, died on Thursday afternoon, July 16. As with all patients, their name will not be released. This is the 23rd COVID related death at MCH.
The patient was from Odessa and was admitted to MCH on June 29. The patient had pre-existing conditions. The family has been notified, as well as her department and all MCHS staff.
Medical Center Health System is also reporting its 24th COVID-19 related death. The patient, a 57-year-old male, died on Thursday evening, July 16.
The patient was from Gardendale and was admitted to Medical Center Hospital on July 1. The patient had pre-existing conditions. The family has been notified.
MCH currently has 40 COVID-19 positive patients in-house. The Critical Care Unit has nine patients with two on ventilators. The Critical Care overflow in the Wheatley Stewart Medical Pavilion has five patients with all five on ventilators. The remaining 26 patients are on our COVID isolation floors, 7 Central and 8 Central.
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Garden City rallies back to defeat Eden
- FINAL SCORE BAND OF THE WEEK: Monahans’ Big Green Band
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Crane defeats Kermit on homecoming
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Borden County drops a tough one on the road to Sterling City
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Reagan County shuts out San Angelo TLCA