ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Medical Center Hospital System and Odessa Regional Medical Center are holding another zoom conference to address the COVID-19 pandemic in Ector County.
Ector County has been labeled a hot spot due to the percent of tests coming back positive being over 10%.
This meeting comes after the 32nd death at MCH. The patient, an 87-year-old woman, died Thursday, July 30.
Currently, MCH has 43 COVID-19 positive patients in-house. The Critical Care Unit has 18 patients with eight on ventilators. The Critical Care overflow in the Wheatley Stewart Medical Pavilion currently has no patients. 24 patients are on the COVID isolation floors, 7 and 8 Central. No COVID positive patients on the Labor and Delivery floor.
Ector County currently has 1,113 active cases. 51 people are currently being hospitalized with 27 in the ICU and 12 on ventilators.
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- Grass fire in West Odessa destroys RVs and vehicles
- US lawmakers introduce bill to encourage preventive health care
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants
- ECISD prepares for their first day of school