MARFA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – The City of Marfa has officially issued a “shelter in place” order for residents.
According to a release from the City, the shelter in place will begin Friday just before Midnight and will continue through April 10.
City officials say the activities allowed will be:
- Getting groceries, household supplies, medicine and gas
- Going to the doctor
- Outdoor activities, while maintaining social distance requirements.
The city also outlined a list of essential work services. Those include:
- Healthcare workers Public infrastructure operations (sewer, gas, construction, oil and gas work, telecommunications support)
- Transportation and transportation repairs
- Government functions (first responders, emergency management personnel, judges and court personnel, law enforcement)
- School personnel (and families leaving home to get school work and meals)
- Other individuals deemed necessary by the mayor
- Businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services Newspaper, television and radio services
- Gas stations and auto-related facilities
- Banks and financial institutions
- Hardware stores, plumbers, electricians, HVAC techs, landscapers
- Mailing and shipping services
- Laundromats, dry cleaners and laundry services
- Carry-out and delivery restaurants (must close by 10:00 p.m.)
- Airlines, taxis and private transportation
- Legal and accounting services
- Home-based care
- Funeral homes Childcare facilities that enable essential employees to work