Video courtesy of MMH
MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Not much has changed as COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the community. Despite best efforts by local hospitals, officials with Midland Health say they are still waiting on test results.
CEO of Midland Health, Russell Meyers, said Thursday morning they have sent out 192 tests and are still waiting on results for more than 160.
The backlog has been attributed to technical issues by the vendor who received the test samples from MMH.
Meyers says because of the technical issues, the vendor has been manually reporting. For more urgent patients, he said they were re-swabbed and sent to another vender.
Thus far, four Coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Midland and one person has died as a result of the virus.
By the numbers:
- 192 people tested in Midland
- 26 results have come back negative
- more than 160 results pending
- Four confirmed cases
- 13 patients are currently under investigation
Despite setbacks, Meyers praised the efforts by hospital staff who have been working diligently for patients amid the outbreak. He also praised the community saying residents have volunteers to sew and donate masks to the hospital.
- Streaming freebies to take advantage of while you’re stuck at home
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
- Texas SNAP, Medicaid renewal requirements waived until further notice
- Stimulus Check Calculator: How much money will you get?
- Ohio man recovering from COVID-19 says ‘listen to everything they’re telling you’