ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Officials with Medical Center Hospital, Odessa Regional Medical Center, and the Ector County Health Department will provide another Coronavirus update Thursday.
The update will come as health officials urge caution with numbers and trends on the rise. Dr. Timothy Benton confirmed last week that the numbers were on the rise and said other communities are also seeing upward trends.
“We are certainly not out of the woods, who knows if this is a surge?” Dr. Benton said. “it’s not uncommon for respiratory viruses, we see this with the flu season every year, where it’s an undulating number of flu cases where it goes down and comes back up.”
As of Wednesday afternoon, Ector County has reported 3,419 confirmed cases and 2,061 probable cases for a total of 5,480.
Additionally, 4,552 people have recovered from the virus and 106 virus-related death has been reported.
- State-wide domestic abuser database in effect, called “Monica’s Law” after Odessa woman
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- El Paso County Judge announces two-week shutdown for non-essential businesses
- Local veteran brings passion for airplanes to the restaurant scene
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida