UPDATE: Officials have reported 135 new Coronavirus cases in Ector County on Monday.
Officials say there are currently 1,370 confirmed cases and 594 probable cases for a total of 1,964 in the County.
Additionally, officials say there are currently 1,129 active cases and recoveries have reached 816.
Medical Center Hospital Chief Medical Officer Timothy Benton also said there at least 6 deaths as of Saturday. Dr. Benton said four were reported at MCH and two more were reported at Odessa Regional Medical Center.
ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Case numbers, hospitalizations and deaths are still on the rise in Ector County as medical experts continue pushing for residents to take precautions.
Nearly 2,000 cases have been recorded in Ector County since March and, as of Friday, more than 1,000 of those cases are currently active.
Over the weekend, three new virus-related deaths were also reported at Medical Center Hospital.
- Third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin dismissed in George Floyd death
- Authorities searching for 2 missing East Texas teenage girls
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch
- Big Game Bound Week 7: Battle of the unbeatens
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference