ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – In reference to Coronavirus, Ector County received some good news on Friday.
Just 21 new cases had been confirmed, a sharp decline from weeks past.
Additionally, hospitalization numbers have remained somewhat stable with just 35 COVID-19 patients in house as of Monday. That is down one patient from Friday’s total of 36.
What has remained consistent in recent weeks is COVID-19 related deaths. Over the weekend, officials confirmed two more deaths and then another on Monday afternoon.
With recent improvements, local health officials have shared cautious optimism regarding the recent data. However, noted how quickly things can change, encouraging residents to continue using masks and social distancing as much as possible.
Health officials will provide another update today at 3 p.m.
- Zeke fumbles, Cowboys stumble
- Odessa officials encourage residents to stay safe this Halloween
- New gun store opens in Andrews
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden in dead heat in Georgia, NewsNation/Emerson poll shows
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate