ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Officials with Medical Center Hospital, Odessa Regional Medical Center, and the Ector County Health Department will provide another update on their Coronavirus response this afternoon.
Case numbers and hospitalizations remain stable throughout Ector County. However, outbreaks at local nursing homes have appeared in the community.
Dr. Timothy Benton said earlier this week, Buena Vida Nursing Home had 44 active cases, with 39 being residents. Several other cases had also been reported at Deerings, prior reports indicate.
Meanwhile, despite the drop in daily cases, the positivity rate remains high.
Data from the Ector County Health Department shows the positivity rate remains at 18 percent.
ORMC Chief Medical Officer Dr. Rohith Saravanan says the local positivity rate is in line with what is being seen across the state adding that cautions must remain in place until the rate drops.
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Andrews rolls past San Angelo Lake View
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Abilene High holds off Permian
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Midland High tops Odessa High in 100th edition of historic rivalry
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Crane stays undefeated in district with win over Alpine