ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Officials with Medical Center Hospital, Odessa Regional Medical Center and the Ector County Health Department will provide another update on their Coronavirus response this afternoon.
It will come as daily case numbers and hospitalizations continue on a downward trend, providing some relief for those on the front lines.
As an added piece of good news, Dr. Timothy Benton, Chief Medical Officer at MCH, also said the positivity rate has gone down by about two percent from 19 to 17.
Currently, there are 2,506 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 1,210 probable cases for a total of 3,716 cases, according to the Ector County Health Department.
There are 729 active cases and 2,930 people have recovered from the virus. Currently, there are 28 virus-related hospitalizations, with 17 in ICU’s and 10 are on ventilators.
ECHD officials are expected to update case numbers around 5:30 p.m.
- More companies are relocating to Austin than anywhere else in Texas. Yes, they’re coming from California.
- Toddlers abandoned by smugglers at border wall released from Border Patrol custody
- Why some people should return their stimulus checks
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Civil rights leaders call on Texas lawmakers to vote against election regulation bills, while Republicans defend the legislation