MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/ Fox 24) – The first Coronavirus death in Midland has officially been reported by Midland Memorial Hospital.
A release from the hospital Tuesday afternoon confirmed a man in his 60’s has died as a result of the Coronavirus.
MMH had two confirmed cases, a man in his 60’s and another in his 80’s that also traveled to Mississippi.
This is the first COVID-19 related death reported in Midland County and in the Permian Basin.
Officials with the City of Odessa provided an update on Tuesday afternoon and said they have tested 35 people and at least 21 of those tests are pending.
- Here’s how Texans are honoring Martin Luther King, Jr. Day during the pandemic
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- ‘Pro-Nazi’ flyers left outside Abilene homes on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message