ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Eight new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ector County, according to stats released Tuesday afternoon.
Stats also show 2946 have been tested for the virus, with 2659 coming back negative. Additionally, 146 have recovered from the virus and 73 tests are still pending.
The update comes amid a spike in cases in the Permian Basin.
More than 30 cases were confirmed in Midland and Odessa alone on Monday, as local health experts urged the community to take the precautions needed to combat the spread.
Gov. Greg Abbott also announced Tuesday that an additional case of Remdesivir will be sent to Medical Center Hospital to treat Coronavirus. Three cases had already been sent to the Midland-Odessa area.
The total case count in Ector County is now at 214, with an active case count of 62.
- HBO is reportedly developing a ‘Harry Potter’ TV series
- Inspector general probes if Justice Department officials tried to overturn election results
- Drivers license expiration waiver ending in April
- High court orders continued look at Brownsville death row case
- Trump impeachment trial: Lawmakers divided on how to proceed