ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – According to records from the Ector County Health Department, the 12th case has been confirmed.
Data from the ECHD shows the patient to be a woman in her 60’s who was tested by a private provider. The source of her exposure is unknown.
The news comes the same day Mayor David Turner and the City of Odessa was scheduled to host a news conference on their COVID-19 response. That news conference was canceled.
City officials say the cancellation was to promote and practice social distancing. This marks the 12th case confirmed in Ector County.
- VOLLEYBALL HIGHLIGHTS: Midland High sweeps Permian
- VOLLEYBALL HIGHLIGHTS: Midland Christian unable to knock off undefeated Argyle Liberty Christian
- COVID-19 cases surging in the Permian Basin
- Another Warm Weekend? 10-20-2020
- Breast oncologist breaks down myths, prevention and tell-tale signs