ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Ector County ISD has adjusted some dates to phase-in students who plan to attend school in person.
District officials say the change will mean the vast majority of students who plan to attend ECISD schools will do so remotely at the beginning of the year and the process of bringing students back will move at a slower pace.
“The change is being made with safety as the primary concern,” a statement from the District, posted on social media, reads.
Here are the new phase-in dates
Phase I (Aug. 12)
- Students with no internet access at home, Pre-K through 12th grade
- Students receiving services through special education (option to phase-in with the grade level)
- 3-year-olds at early education centers
- Children of ECISD employees (pre-K through 8th grade)
Phase II (Aug. 26)
- Pre-K though 2nd Grade
- Pre-k through 1st grade at Pease and Zavala
- 3rd Grade at Noel Elementary and Travis Elementary
- 6th grade
- 9th grade
- 3rd, 6th and 9th – follow A/B schedule
- Pashe III (Sept. 1)
- All other 3rd grade
- 4th grade at Cameron, Noel and Travis Elementary
- 2nd Grade at Pease and Zavala
- 7th Grade
- 10th Grade
- 3rd, 4th, 7th, 10th follow A/B schedule
- Phase IV (Sept. 8)
- All other 4th and 5th grade
- 6th grade at Cameron Elementary
- 8th grade
- 11th and 12th grade All listed above follow A/B schedule
- Average of the polls: Here’s where the numbers are moving in the Biden-Trump race
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Changes Are Coming! 9-23-2020
- Dallas Federal Reserve survey shows contraction on oil field getting better for Q4