ODESSA, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – The driver involved in a fatal crash over the weekend in Odessa has been identified.
The victim has been identified as 30-year-old Jesse Madrid, according to the update from the OPD Tuesday.
Officers were originally called to the crash around 1:16 a.m. Saturday in the 5900 block of Interstate 20. While investigating, police learned Madrid was driving west in the eastbound lanes and collided head on with an 18-wheeler.
Madrid was pounced dead at the scene of the crash and police say no other injuries were reported.
- Missouri mayor defends concerts, parties during COVID-19 pandemic
- Trump says massive explosion in Beirut was likely an ‘attack’
- Midland College announces plans for fall semester
- Tank battery fire in Midland County
- BP vows to cut oil production and invest in renewable energy