DENVER CITY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Another week of football, and another player of the week in the Permian Basin.
Denver City’s Mario Sanchez has earned the honor this week snagging the Built Ford Tough Player of the Week award for 3A.
Sanchez accounted for more than half of the team’s yardage in their win over Seminole Friday night. With 171 yards on the ground and 296 through the air, Sanchez led the Mustangs to a 50-36 victory over the Indians.
“This is an honor for Mario, as well as the entire football team. Mario is a special young man not just on Friday night. He is definitely a huge blessing to be around every day,” Denver City Head Daniel Fontenot said in a statement. “He is the kid that enjoys life as much as he does playing football. He is the one that works hard on every play. You never have to wonder if he is going to show up ready to get after it. He will practice as hard as he intends to play every day.”
The Mustangs will return to action this Friday against the Lovington Wildcats.
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- Mourners gather at the Supreme Court Building to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say