HOWARD COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – A Big Spring man was killed following a car-pedestrian crash that occurred last week, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Troopers were called to the crash around 10 p.m. Thursday on Interstate 20, about nine miles east of Big Spring.
While investigating, troopers learned the pedestrian was walking in the center of the road and was struck by a Chevrolet pickup, according to the release.
The pedestrian, Tony Jetton, was taken to Scenic Mountain Medical Center and was later pronounced dead, officials say.
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Andrews rolls past San Angelo Lake View
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Abilene High holds off Permian
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Midland High tops Odessa High in 100th edition of historic rivalry
- FINAL SCORE HIGHLIGHTS: Crane stays undefeated in district with win over Alpine