BREWSTER COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – Deputies with the Brewster County Sheriff’s Office discovered several bundles of marijuana following a chase Friday morning.
Officials say it began when deputies noticed erratic driving from a suspect in a Chevrolet pickup near Lajitas.
However, when they tried to stop the vehicle, the driver is accused of speeding away from them, prompting a high-speed-chase.
BCSO officials say the suspect abandoned the vehicle near the Rio Grande and escaped into Mexico.
While searching the truck, deputies say they located several bundles of marijuana, a gun, and several loaded magazines.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the BCSO.
- Over 60% of Texas Millennials and Gen Z don’t know Holocaust facts
- Texas man who sought to kill, rape and eat a child sentenced to 40 years in federal prison
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Border Patrol agent stabbed; migrant assailant shot and killed, CBP says
- House committee blasts conditions, staff ‘indifference’ at ICE migrant centers