(Big 2/Fox 24) – The statewide gas price average has dropped again, according to the AAA Texas Weekend Gas Watch.
The statewide average is currently at $1.90, which is two cents less than the same day last week and 62 cents less than the average price last year.
“While the summer driving season is underway, many drivers have not yet returned to their normal routines as COVID-19 concerns remain,” AAA spokesman Daniel Armbruster said in a statement. “It appears gasoline demand has tapered off from the beginning of the month, which could mean slightly less expensive prices at the pump.”
Drivers in El Paso are currently paying the most on average at $2.15. Drivers in Midland and Odessa are not far behind, paying $2.07 and $2.11, according to AAA Texas.
- Rain Chances This Weekend? 8-6-2020
- ECISD Post-Secondary Education Coordinator hopes to lower dropout rate
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases
- Congress confronts challenges of reopening schools
- MCH continues elective surgeries