(Big 2/Fox 24) – The statewide gas price average has dropped again, according to the AAA Texas Weekend Gas Watch.
The statewide average is currently at $1.90, which is two cents less than the same day last week and 62 cents less than the average price last year.
“While the summer driving season is underway, many drivers have not yet returned to their normal routines as COVID-19 concerns remain,” AAA spokesman Daniel Armbruster said in a statement. “It appears gasoline demand has tapered off from the beginning of the month, which could mean slightly less expensive prices at the pump.”
Drivers in El Paso are currently paying the most on average at $2.15. Drivers in Midland and Odessa are not far behind, paying $2.07 and $2.11, according to AAA Texas.
- Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani for $1.3 billion
- At least 31 law enforcement officers in 12 states tied to storming of the Capitol
- Newsfeed Now: House to deliver articles of impeachment to Senate, Bucs make Super Bowl history
- Nearly 2,000 receive COVID-19 vaccine Sunday, clinic continues this week
- Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial