ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – 56 new Coronavirus cases are being reported in Ector County, according to an update Friday.
Stats show 2439 confirmed cases and 1148 probable cases for a total of 3587 cases in the County. Additionally, the data shows 800 active cases,
2675 have recovered from the virus and 56 deaths have been recorded in Ector County, as of Friday afternoon.
Recent numbers are showing a downward trend, according to Dr. Timothy Benton of Medical Center Hospital.
Dr. Benton said not only are new daily case numbers dropping but the positivity rate has also dropped slightly. Prior to this week, the positivity rate was around 19 percent but has since dropped to about 17 percent.
- FOOTBALL HIGHLIGHTS: Permian surges past Abilene Cooper
- Another Warm Weekend! – 9-24-2020
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- 75th COVID related death reported at MCH