ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – 41 new Coronavirus cases are being reported in Ector County, according to an update Wednesday.
Stats show 2,392 confirmed cases and 1,089 probable cases for a total of 3,481 cases in the County. Additionally, the data shows 879 active cases and 216 tests pending.
2,550 have recovered from the virus.
The update comes as Officials with Medical Center Hospital and Odessa Regional Medical Center shared some good news; daily case numbers are dropping.
Health officials noted the numbers are ‘encouraging’ and MCH says they plan to re-open the Wheatley Stewart Pavilion for elective procedures soon.
Despite the improvements, deaths are still being confirmed throughout the County. Both ORMC and MCH reported virus-related deaths on Wednesday.
The total number of deaths is now at 52.
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- Mourners gather at the Supreme Court Building to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say