ECTOR COUNTY, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – 31 new Coronavirus cases are being reported in Ector County, according to an update Tuesday afternoon.
Stats show 2,367 confirmed cases and 1,073 probable cases for a total of 3,440 COVID-19 cases in Ector County as of Tuesday evening.
Additionally, there are 892 active cases in the county with 216 tests pending. About 2,496 have recovered from the virus.
The update comes after a briefing Monday in which local health officials announced several new virus-related deaths in the county.
Medical Center Hospital CEO Russell Tippin confirmed at least five people had died since Friday and Odessa Regional Medical Center President Stacy Brown confirmed two more, both of which were not Ector County residents.
As of Tuesday afternoon, 52 COVID-19 related deaths had been reported in Ector County.
- NFL fines coaches $100,000 for failing to wear masks on the sidelines
- What can Democrats do in response to Trump’s Supreme Court pick? These three scenarios are getting attention
- Learning pods can make educational inequities worse. Here’s a better way to create one
- One injured in motorcycle crash Monday
- CDC warns Americans to ‘avoid’ trick-or-treating for Halloween